Our Water System Explained Simply
• Our two-part water system runs on solar power. It is designed for six gardeners at a time to hand water with hoses.
Part 1: The Well and Cistern
• The well contains a submerged pump – powered by 2 solar panels.
• The well pump fills the cistern.
• The black monitor on the inside shed wall indicates three things:
A. YELLOW light inside the cistern icon: the cistern is filled.
B. GREEN DOTS in the well icon: the submerged well pump is filling the cistern.
C. RED NUMBERS in the wattage meter: The pump is drawing power from the solar panels.
Important Cloudy Day INFO:
• WATCH the red, white, and black dip stick in the top of the cistern.
• If RED touches BLACK: Water level in cistern dangerously low. The well pump does not have enough solar power to run.
• TURN OFF PRESSURE PUMP inside shed.
Part 2: The Pressure Pump and Tank
• The small pressure pump inside the shed is powered by 2 solar panels and 4 large batteries.
• The pressure pump forces water into the two large pressure tanks in the shed.
• Watering with 6 hoses empties these tanks.
• The pump will only supply hoses at reduced pressure until the tanks can be pressurized again.
• When all watering with hoses stops, the pressure pump can again fill the two pressure tanks.
Important Watering INFO:
• Take turns using hoses and the pressure will be sufficient.
• Follow the illustrated directions for turning ON and turning OFF the water when you arrive and leave.